Efficient Errands List – MAKE YOUR ERRANDS MOBILE, FLEXIBLE, AND SHARABLE
There are challenges paper-based errands lists
They’re stationary – Ever forgot yours on the fridge?
They’re cumbersome – Ever had one grow so long that you needed to start another list – so you now had two lists to manage?
They’re restrictive – Ever try to manage a list used by multiple people – your spouse, kids, or roommate?
It’s time for an upgrade
There is a better way!
The 3 essential ingredients of an effective errands list
Mobility – You need to be able to access it no matter where you are – in your car, at a meeting, etc.
Flexibility – It can’t be restricted to the physical limitations of a single piece of paper
Accessibility – If you’re part of a family or group, it needs to be accessible to everyone to add, delete, or edit items
How to create an efficient errands list
- Create an online document – Using a service such as Google Drive, Evernote, Office 365, etc.) create a text document and name it Errands List
- Capture your errands as bulleted items – Optionally, organize the bulleted items in sections based on location (East/West) or store (bank, groceries, etc.)
- Share it – Share the document with others who will use it and briefly explain to them what it is and how you want them to begin using it
- Bookmark it or create a shortcut to it – To easily access it later
- Follow the steps above to create an errands list that is mobile, flexible, and sharable